Winning Business and Securing Budgets from Skeptical Clients (and/or Bosses)
Workplace Application: You will learn how to speak the language of non-marketing and non-social media professionals to help get "buy in" for your ideas, and therefore, secure the budget you need to fulfill your projects.
Target Audience: Marketing and social media professionals.
Notable presentations of this topic:
- Content Marketing Conference, Boston
- Sprout Social Agency Partner Day, Chicago
Content marketing success depends on securing budgets. But, with short term victories difficult to achieve, you need to secure budget for the long term, and make the case for it in creative ways. In this session, you’ll learn a 7 step process showcased by two case studies in the legal and insurance industry. You’ll see how people skills and psychology play an important role, and also learn why both businesses highlighted in the case studies doubled their digital and social media marketing budget.
- Discover the surprising key to what is truly most important to your boss.
- Identify how to measure in great detail where you are now.
- Establish simple tools to develop varying reports focused on the need of varying stakeholders.
- Understand why an old adage in sales of "Sell what they want and sell what they need," applies 100% to your job as well.
- Discover how best to collaborate strategically with marketing and business development professionals.